Family Law Experts in Pewaukee, WI
Good Expert Advice during Your Divorce
Divorce can take a significant toll. Not just on your emotional state, but it can also affect your financial situation for many years down the road. When going through such a difficult time, it’s important to have the best representation to help you make the best decisions regarding your future.
The divorce professionals at First Look Family Law can help you look objectively at your divorce, so you’re making good long term decisions even when emotions run high. We’ll help lower tensions between you and your spouse, so you’re not wasting money on fighting when you should be focused on making the best of a bad situation.
Contact First Look Family Law today, to get ahead of the curve on your divorce planning.
Divorce Laws Specific to Waukesha County
In order to file for divorce in the city of Pewaukee in Waukesha County, you must:
- Be a resident of the State of Wisconsin for six months immediately before the date the action is filed, and
- Be a resident of Waukesha County for 30-days immediately before the date the action is filed
First Look Family Law will help you with whatever family law service you need, including:
- Mediation – Divorcing couples can meet with a First Look Family Law attorney that is a specially trained, neutral third-party to assist with reaching a settlement outside of a divorce trial
- Arbitration – Often utilized when couples have reached an impasse or stalemate in their divorce negotiations, and want a quick binding resolution outside of court
- Property division – we consult with appraisers & tax advisors to identify and value marital property
- Child custody & visitation – we can explain to you the factors that go into custody/placement decisions, such as the child’s age, health, and historic relationships with each parent
You can rely on First Look Family Law for professional legal guidance in generating options, providing emotional support, and offering objective feedback to help you make the best decisions. Whether you are still weighing the decision to file for divorce or the process has already begun, Wisconsin divorce attorney Karyn Youso can provide you with the best information, guidance, and support you need to take that next step.